Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Border Collie Christmas Review

Border Collie ChristmasBorder Collie Christmas by Nancy Warren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Border Collie Christmas is a novella about a puppy that manages to bring two broken people together and help them heal. This is not the typical genre that I read. I prefer the more action packed, fantasy type of book. That being said, I enjoyed this story very much for what it is. A heart-warming, easy read. The plot wasn’t too deep, or complex(which is good for a short story), but the characters were well developed with interesting back stories. At first, I was a little bothered that Erin's back story was left a bit of a mystery, but as the story unfolded and she finally told her story, it fit well into the rest of the plot. The quality of the writing is very good, and I found it easy to follow. At some points I felt the story was a teensy bit slow, but then again, I am used to full on adventure/action packed stories. It did not take away any from the quality of the writing, and the story. It is a very cozy, tug at your heartstrings story, perfect for a light Christmas read. I liked the connection between the main characters, though I do wish some of the more steamy moments were described instead of brushed over. But that certainly wasn’t promised in the genre or description of the book, so I won’t be holding that against it. The story made me feel a range of emotions, which is what I like most about reading a book, and is the mark of good story telling. The ending brought a happy little smile to my face. I don’t want to give away the name of the puppy, but it rounded the story out perfectly. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five was because I reserve the five stars for those books that I can't live without reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment